Must Do Visitor Guides
Must Do provides visitor guides for Sarasota, Fort Myers and Naples areas of Florida. The website uses complex PHP programming with a MySQL database to dynamically pull content throughout the site depending upon where the visitor is. The Must Do staff can add/edit content as desired in the admin interface.
This site also runs WordPress used for their Articles posted regularly.
New website online
Today we launched our website sporting a new look. We felt the old site was dated and needed a change. Tell us what you think!
Florida Digestive Health Specialists
The Florida Digestive Health Specialists (FDHS) website features a custom WordPress theme, a rotating banner, and interactive use of google maps custom markers (found on the contact us page).
Schrocks Heritage Furniture Testimonial
Since Realtech took over our website two years ago our traffic has more than tripled. We are seeing consistent growth in our search positions, and now people come to our store to buy things they have already researched on our website.
Schrock’s Heritage Furniture
New Support System Online
In an effort to organize client requests for any type of support or services needed, Realtech Services has now implemented a new support system.
Visit our new support system at https://realtech.zendesk.com to submit a request for any type of support or service or to review our knowledgebase.
As usual, feel free to send your requests via email. Any email sent to email@example.com will be automatically submitted into our new system for prompt attention by our support team.
We welcome any comments or feedback regarding our new support system.
Constant Contact – Email Marketing
Constant Contact lets you stay connected with your current customers by managing your contact list, making it easy for new people to sign up and giving you an easy way to deliver information about your products or services.
Click here to signup for Constant Contact
Call our Sales Department if you have any questions or to learn more about this product.
IDX Broker – MLS Search Tool for Your Website
IDX Broker seamlessly integrates the MLS data into your website. The system provides a variety of MLS search tools and the website visitor never leaves your website. RealTech Services manages several websites with the IDX Broker integration:
Click here or call our Sales Department to learn more about the IDX Broker MLS Search functionality.
Facebook’s new Timeline
Is your business fan page ready for Facebook’s mandatory change to the Timeline on March 30, 2012?
We can help, give us a call!
If you haven’t heard, Facebook will convert all business pages to the new timeline format on March 30th. The exciting change will give businesses new tools to help you promote your brand to the over 845 million Facebook users. Here are some tips for building an effective Timeline:
The Timeline features a unique cover image (815 px wide x 315 px tall) at the top of the page to showcase your brand. The image could be a popular menu item or product, people using your products or creative artwork. Facebook encourages you to be creative and experiment with different images. Facebook does have strict rules on what you can not use here: No price or purchase information, no contact information such as web addresses, email or phone numbers. No calls to action, such as “Get it Now” or “Tell your friends”. And no references to user interface elements, such as Like or Share or any other Facebook site feature.
Milestones & Pin Posts
The Timeline gives the business the opportunity to tell your story, so you’ll want to post pictures from past events and milestones and date them appropriately to build out the company history. A pin post is a post that a business may “pin” to the top of its Timeline for 7 days at a time, this added stickiness will increase the post’s views.
Tabs Moved below the cover photo
There are four tabs viewable in the new Timeline format, you can customize three of them (the Photos tab is fixed). These are located directly under the Cover image and are more prominent that in the previous layout. Facebook allows 8 tabs but you must click the dropdown box to see the other 4.
Let the experts set up your Timeline.
Cover Photo Creation
Profile Image Creation
Short Term Limited Offer – Call or Email us today for pricing!
S.E.O.and Pay-Per-Click Specialist
Plan For What If
Plan4WhatIf.com is a WordPress based website providing it’s owner with easy content management as well as a blog. The site content managment area allows the offering of the Mentoring services, the Life Planning Workbooks, resources and other static content and the blog area handles tips and tricks and other news.
Authorize.net Payment Gateway
This will let you access the online application for an Authorize.net Payment Gateway account.
How to begin:
- Click the Sign Up Now button below
- Click Create Login ID from the online application home page.
- Enter their e-mail address and their desired password.
- Click Submit. They will be taken back to the online application home page where they can then sign in and begin their application.
You will need the following information to complete the Authorize.net Payment Gateway online application:
- Social Security Number or Tax ID.
- Company information – name, address, phone, etc.
- Account owner’s information – name, address, phone, etc.
- Banking information – used for billing purposes.
- Merchant account information – details of their existing merchant account (if applicable).
If you do not have a merchant account you can sign up for one during this application.
If you have any questions during the application you can click on the Help link in the upper right hand corner of the page or call Authorize.net Sales Department at 1-877-320-8731 Mon-Fri 6AM to 5PM Pacific time.
Mike Norman Realty
MikeNormanRealty.com is a WordPress based website that has Featured Property posts and easy content editing.
The RNS system allows them to manage the vacation rental side of their business and integrates seamlessly into the website.
The IDXBroker system provides up to date access to MLS information with exceptional MLS browsing options.
Google Apps for Your Domain
There are 3 ways to connect to the Google Email Server from your devices Webmail, IMAP & POP.
- Webmail is our recommended option to access email. You would use the Gmail interface to access your email. Gmail has built a great system that can replace most of the functionality you currently use in programs like Outlook. Using the webmail functionality allows you to access your email from any computer with an internet connection.
- IMAP can be slower and a little more complex to setup but is the best option if you use multiple devices to access your email like computers, tablets & smart phones. It allows every device to see a direct view of all the emails on the server. If you delete an email on 1 device it is gone from all of them.
- POP is simpler to setup & faster when retrieving email but not recommended if you want to access your email multiple devices like computers, tablets & smart phones.
Here is Google’s explanation of the differences between IMAP & POP email access.
Email setup instructions:
- Webmail – We have setup a specific URL for you to access your webmail. Just go to mail.yourdomainname.com. For example mail.rtservices.net will take you to our webmail login page. Read Gmail’s getting started guide.
- IMAP – Select the IMAP option at the bottom of this page and follow the instructions for Google Apps users.
- POP – Select the POP option at the bottom of this page and follow the instructions for Google Apps users.
- Smart Phones – Some smart phones allow you to add a Google Account to them and that will automatically setup your email for you. You account name will be your full email address. Android phones allow for this easy setup method.
Top Ten Questions To Ask Your Website Developer
Here is a list of things to ask a website developer before you hire them to create a new website for you. There are a lot of details that can affect the long term success of your website, and it’s important to make sure you have the right company working on your site before you make a long term commitment.
The more you know about a website company, the better your chances of a good return on your website investment.
1. What kind of return on investment have you provided to previous clients? The most successful projects are the ones that are implemented over months and years, so it’s not just about the quantity of websites a company has built. It’s about the quality and results they can deliver.
2. What kind of programming language will you use? Make sure they are using a language that has been in widespread use more than a few months. Some languages require proprietary software and special server specs to work correctly.
3. Can my finished website can be moved to another server? If it can’t easily be moved to another server then you are not just committing to a website project; you are also committing to a long term hosting arrangement. Keep in mind that many website development companies do not have support systems in place to manage ongoing hosting requirements.
4. Does your quote include Search Engine Optimization? This is huge; it’s amazing how many sites I still see that have no meta tags, or even better the exact same meta tags on every page. SEO is probably the single biggest factor in the overall perceived success or failure of a website project.
5. Who will actually do the work on my project? Is it the person you are talking to or someone else in their office? Maybe it’s someone in another country altogether. You may not mind having your project outsourced but you should know ahead of time what you’re getting and what kind of response time you should expect.
6. Have you used this design on any of your other projects? Not all designs have to be completely custom, but if you’re paying for a custom design you should know if it has been or will be recycled.
7. What other projects are you working on right now? You should know whether they are at full capacity already or how many ways they will split their time until your project is complete.
8. Where is your physical office? There is nothing wrong with a virtual office or an office in another part of the country as long as you know what you’re getting, but often times a company with physical space and full time employees might have a better system in place to ensure your satisfaction.
9. How many of your clients from five years ago are still your clients? If the only projects on a developers portfolio are from the last few months, I’d like to know what happened to the older projects.
10. Most importantly ask yourself – do I trust this person and company? Don’t underestimate your intuition. There are a lot of variables in a website project but the right developer can guide you through it using the technology that is best for your unique needs.
The Landings Travel website is a great example of a combination site using static PHP programming on some pages and a WordPress blog for others. The combination allows the primary pages to load extremely fast, while the blog section allows user control over content that is regularly updated.
MustDo Review Badge
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tip #1
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of placing keywords within a website so that search engines can use those keywords to index the website. Because of the competition for rankings with popular keywords, SEO has become an essential requirement for a successful website.
The first step in SEO is to determine which keywords should be targeted on each page that will be optimized. When we have narrowed the keyword list to four or five phrases per page, then we’ll begin implementing those phrases within the code of each page.
Implementation starts with the meta tags. It is very important that the meta tags for keywords, page title, and page description are applicable to their specific page, so the search engines know how that page should be indexed. The meta tags should only list keywords that are related to the primary subject of the content on that page. You won’t see most of the meta tags in the usual course of web browsing, but you can see them if you click on the “view page source” option from your browsers view menu.
After the meta tags we’ll add the selected keywords into the image alternate text wherever there are images on the page. Because most search engines don’t read images very well, the alternate (or alt) text placed with an image tells the search engine about the content of the image. The alt text is visible while browsing only if you mouse over an image without clicking on it. We are seeing a big increase in traffic coming from image searches within Google and other search engines and alt tags are partially responsible for those numbers.
The next post will talk more about the text headings on each page, the content of the text itself, and the importance of anchor text links within the text linking your pages internally. Each of these plays a part in a well optimized website.
It takes time to do SEO the right way on each page, but it will make a big difference long term in your search engine rankings and resulting traffic.
Most of the SEO changes we make will not be noticeable to the average visitor; SEO is primarily seen by the search engines as they index the source code of a website. I am convinced and our tracking reports prove that SEO is one of the best long-term investments for a successful website.
|| RealTech Play|
|| RealTech Work|
How to Market Your Business With Facebook
Using multiple marketing avenues is a great way to put your business ahead of the competition. Everyone has heard that social networking can be used but not many people know how to use it to promote their business website. The New York Times has a great article that provides some helpful tips on how to do this.
Click here to read the article…
Here is an example of a slideshow with a thumbnail gallery that can be expanded to be viewed full screen that can be implemented in a WordPress website.
This can be used for several different reasons.
- Show visitors images of your products
- Display pictures of services you provide
- Highlight pictures projects or jobs
Spoonful of Comfort
The Spoonful of Comfort Chicken Soup website offers a unique twist on an old tradition: nationwide delivery of homemade chicken soup. This website utilizes a self-administered e-commerce section to place and track orders placed for daily soup delivery. The customizable shopping cart pages ensure this website is always up to date and the tracking system helps the owners manage traffic sources and orders.
Riverside Speech & Language
The Riverside Speech & Language site demostrates a customized WordPress blog site. This allow the site owner to easily update the site pages or create new articles. The WordPress system is very search engine friendly. A site built using this system will excel in the search engines if the content is kept fresh and up-to-date.
The New Home Center
The New Home Center real estate website combines an internal new construction database with two regional Multiple Listing databases into one clean search interface. This approach allows visitors to search by price or area in either one or all three databases simultaneously. The Featured Home function allows the site administrator to select several homes from either database to be showcased on the home page for more exposure.
20 Minutes to Fitness
This fully-optimized fitness website is a great example of the benefits of Search Engine Optimization. A search on Google for slow cadence workouts will show the number one ranking achieved through careful optimization and monthly submission. Visitors to the site can read about the latest health and fitness news, see great healthy recipes, and sign up for the monthly fitness e-newsletter.
Website Management Portfolio
These are a sample of the websites managed by Realtech Services. Click on any of the websites listed below to visit the live version of that website.
What We Do
RealTech Services Takes Care of Your Website so You Can Focus on Your Business
RealTech provides efficient, affordable solutions that will allow you to focus on your business instead of focusing on your website. If you are tired of dealing with unresponsive web hosts and ineffective tech support contact us for a free consultation today. You will get a prompt response from a knowledgeable webmaster who will answer your website questions. RealTech is here to reduce any stress or irritation you are experiencing trying to maintain your website while also running a business. We are here to help; our specialties include:
- Website Maintenance
- Website Hosting
- E-mail Accounts
- Database Management
- Request Form Setup
- Email Marketing
- E-commerce & Shopping Carts
- Blog Setup
- Website Design
- Website Programming
RealTech Services has been performing smarter website management with excellent customer service since 2001. We are proud to offer free telephone support to all our website management clients. With RealTech you get more than servers; you get good people that run them for you.
Call us today! 941-870-5707